Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

El Xamfrà


The title is the name of this bakery on my block, and also the name of this type of corner. That is, its like a wedge that fits into a pie. I'm not sure if we have a name for this in English. Anyway, Jett says this bakery has the best donuts, and Montse says it has the best baked cheese cake. This is where I get my xuxus from. It's also the main reason I still can't fit into my old white pants.


Edit: As of the 24th of November, El Xamfra closed its doors after 24 years! The reason has not been established. I've only been here 18 months myself, but I will sorely miss the nice bakery ladies and the excellent xuxu's. The only good news is I have to try lots of other bakeries to find a decent xuxu replacement.

For the latest on the Xamfra

No comments: