Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Sales Madness


After the 6th of January, the shops drop between 30 and 70% and people go crazy. Well today I found a pair of red boots. So beautiful. Sales make people think that its a once in a lifetime chance. I wasn't looking for red boots. I certainly don't need them. But wow. At half price, it makes you waver on that fine line between fantasy and reality. Oh and for the first time since living here, I asked someone to explain a phrase I didn't understand, in Catalan! I usually ignore it. The girl froze and called her friend who spoke English. (The real problem will be convincing Albert about those red boots! But that's just betwee us.)

3 comments:

thecatalanway said...

looking forward to seeing those red boots! Well done K x
the ones in the photo look good too - did you get them???

Tiffany at Patheya said...

:) Albert saw the boots and agreed with me that they were lovely. So, if they are still there, I buy them this morning!
The white ones I bought about 6 years ago in Norway!

Good luck with your shopping!

Tiffany at Patheya said...

Guess what!! I finally didn't buy them! I am actually on the look out for black boots.. and as I took off my boot, to try on the other one.. my zipper broke on the black boots - and I realised that I needed a replacement pair of black, far more than I needed a flashy pair of red.
The second thing happened too - the left boot (untried by all and sundry) was quite tight, and my love of colour could not compete with my dislike of pain... so, I have no red boots!!