Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ghosts of Spain


Albert gave me this book for Sant Jordi. I've started reading it and although I'm not a huge fan of the writing style, I'm regaining my interest in Spain and even in learning Catalan. Yesterday a friend lent us SG-1 dubbed into Catalan. He said it will help me to learn. So I've decided to watch an episode every day. It doesn't have subtitles. At least it'll be on a theme I'm interested in. SG-1, in case you didn't know, is an American sci-fi TV series. Jett is mad about it.

2 comments:

oreneta said...

I read that book, enjoyed it too...I agree the writing is hardly the best, but the material I found fascinating. Glad Jett's enjoying the show!

word verification: arros!!!!

thecatalanway said...

Me too - read it and enjoyed. Pep wouldn't let me leave it with the cover showing as he hates the bull picture so much! symbol of Spain.
I learnt a lot from it. Don't remember the writing but perhaps I wasn't feeling too fussy at the time.
Never heard of the tv show but sounds a good idea. when you're ready - right? remember you don't have to speak Catalan to be here! You inspire me with your ability to do without! love Kate x
word - squicks!