Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Study Motivation


Just to recap: I'm Australian. I speak English and poor Norwegian. I do not speak Spanish. I live in Granollers. I go to Catalan class. I've been here for 18 months. I am repeating B2, in my course. I hit unit 4, and my head kind of un-assembled. (Did I say I spoke English?) What happened? The main problem I have is lack of vocabulary. There are many words that are similar to Spanish, so many of the other students just slip along while I'm fossicking in my dictionary. I am still not really close to my verbs. My brain slows right down in translation, and now there is haver-hi, the past tense of old verbs and the pronouns for shopping fruit, vegetables and all that jazz. Explosion. Lucky for me, I have a great bakery on my way home from class. Donut time! Yay! :)

2 comments:

thecatalanway said...

fossicking is a word used in Australia and Cornwall - isn't that interesting - it's the mining connection.
Here's the link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossicking
What about the vocabulary notebook? Ten words a day. We can test each other...K x

Tiffany at Patheya said...

A blog post about fossicking I wrote a few years ago! - http://journals.worldnomads.com/allwelcome/story/23612/Australia/Fossicking-in-Emmaville