Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Rough Waters in Canyelles


We woke up this morning to the sound of seagulls and waves breaking. The ocean is heaving today. The temperature is mild, the wind warmer than the apartment. Usually I wake up to the sounds of traffic or loud music pumping from a passing car. My usual view is of the bus station, an abandoned courthouse and a square locals nick name 'what the fuck' (the expression most people ejaculated on first laying eyes upon the renovated square). I wake up on days like today with a feeling of being lucky. To see the ocean, the horizon of dark grey ocean meeting light grey sky, to smell the sea air. I'm a girl from a 'sun burnt country, a land of sweeping plains, of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.' Give me vast horizons any day.

No comments: