Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas In Hamar, Norway December 2009 - Part III


We woke a few days after arriving to 30 cm of snow!


Jett was so happy. They hadn't had much snow before we arrived, so we were lucky. He's wearing my old skiing pants.






These were some beautiful reindeer from Finland sitting in Ingebjorg's shelf.


I took this photo from our window. There are many places with food for birds. I realised just how difficult it is to get a great photos of wild animals.


The middle of Hamar. The main centre where I lived on and off for ten years.




While I was in Norway, I took a few yoga classes at Espern and a yoga workshop. Thank you Grethe  Lillesand, for taking the photos. Thank you for all the participants. I don't know about you, but I had a great time!


It was -25 - and here are the beautiful pictures of the area farmor lives in Ottestad.




This is the same place as the above picture - just warmer weather!
















This year, on the strike of 12, we ate grapes (or pieces of mandarin) with each bell toll that heralds in the new year.  They do this here in Spain. Albert really wanted to do it, and it was actually fun.


I had a great visit this time. One of my best, happiest holidays. When I first arrived, it felt honestly like coming home. I don't have a home town. We moved around a lot when I was a child. Hamar is the closest I've got. Seeing friendly faces and hearing the lovely words 'how good to see you' - really - thank you, it lifted my spirits to see all of my friends and family for the holiday season.

Happy New Year for 2010!

No comments: